The Rev. Dr. Jacqui King
Jacqui King serves as the Director of Leadership for Congregational Vitality at Discipleship Ministries of The United Methodist Church. She develops leadership resources for local congregations, engages network groups in new processes that implement core strategies for increasing congregational vitality, designs, and promotes online learning through webinars. Active design team member for School of Congregational Development (SCD) and various networks including Rt. 122, University Church Network, BMCR, Black Clergywomen and Black Staff Association. This leadership presenter has taught in every US jurisdiction for Lay Servant events, led district / conference workshops, coached for congregational visioning projects, and explored new ways to increase vitality by expanding community building practices of meeting needs, studying, serving others, and prayer-walking.
As an elder ordained in the Texas Annual Conference, she became a pioneer for connecting technology and faith community building by launching an online experience in 2007. She is a trained Interim Ministry Specialist, a Profession Coach Training Graduate from GBHEM, and Fund Development Specialist from The Fund Raising School. With advanced education including both business and theological studies, she has achieved two masters degrees; MBA from Smeal College of Business at Penn State University and M.Div. from Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University.
This well-spoken preacher completed her Doctor of Ministry degree at Drew University in 2012 with a focus on global leadership development. Her dissertation was “Hear2Heal: Embrace a New Vision.”
Previously, she served as:
- Associate Pastor, Leadership Development, Jones Memorial UMC, Houston, Texas
- Senior Pastor, First UMC, College Station, Texas
- Church Planter, Nu Faith Community UMC, Houston, Texas
- Senior Pastor, St. Paul UMC, Port Arthur, Texas
- Graduate Assistant for Dr. Evelyn Parker at Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- Internship – College / Young Adult Pastor, Windsor Village UMC, Houston, Texas
- Program Director of EPRUS AmeriCorps Program / Shalom Zone Ministries, Houston, Texas
Jacqui is married to Donel King. She believes that education can create avenues for all to become empowered to live into their callings from the Lord.
Rev. Dr. Jacqui T. King, Director, Leadership for Congregational Vitality
Discipleship Ministries | The United Methodist Church
(877) 899-2780 EXT. 7295 / email: email@example.com